Topic: problem on record-breaking values in probability
Replies: 14   Last Post: Apr 14, 2013 11:36 PM

David Bernier

Re: problem on record-breaking values in probability

On 02/27/2013 05:31 AM, David Bernier wrote:
> I used Marsaglia's 64-bit SUPER KISS pseudo-random number generator
> to simulate uniform r.v.s on [0, 1] that are independent, as
> X_1, X_2, X_3, ad infinitum
>
> For each go, (or sequence) I define its 1st record-breaking value
> as R(1) as X_1, its 2nd record-breaking value R(2) as the
> value taken by X_n for the smallest n with X_n > X_1, and in general
> R(k+1) as the value taken by the smallest n with X_n > R(k), for

I'm a sinner .

That should be:
"R(k+1) as the value taken by X_n for the smallest n with X_n > R(k)"

--
dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID