Topic: Single photon
Replies: 22   Last Post: Mar 4, 2013 8:25 PM

mahipal7638@gmail.com

Re: Single photon

On Feb 27, 12:05 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/26/13 9:40 PM, Tom Potter wrote:
>

> > The equation that Sammy references has several flaws.

It also reveals what its authors knew -- limited or otherwise.

> > 1. It implies that a photon is energy squared.
>
>    It is sad that pitiful Potter doesn't understand the physical
>    significance of the equation:
>
>      E^2 = (mc^2)^2 + (pc)^2
>
>    Perhaps a one minute physics video will help Potter sort
>    things out.
>

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMIhxWRGNw

Trying to post a comment there only results in errors. Fix it.

>    Perhaps Potter recalls that a photon's Momentum is
>       p = h?/c = h/?
>
>    and Photon Energy
>       E = h?
>
>    Yet in the first equation, Potter is pointing out
>    that if mass is zero, then
>
>       p = c/E
>
>    Let Potter cogitate on what he sees as a discrepancy.

I watched your one minute of physics, now you read my one page of what
Einstein should have written: http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/
fwiw seeing is not reading. Also, technically there's no non-moving
object in the Universe. Holding a box does not mean it's speed is
zero==0.

-- Mahipal