Topic: Simulink without Simulink?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 5, 2013 5:01 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Simulink without Simulink?

"Aino" <aino.tietavainen@removeThis.helsinki.fi> wrote in message
> Hello all!
> I have a function that calls for a simulation, inside several for-loops.
> So running the code takes a lot of time. I tried to solve this problem by
> running the code in one of these super-computers, but apparently they
> don't have Simulink-toolbox.
> My question is, is there any way to avoid using Simulink?

Some possibilities (I'm sure there are others):

Apply some of the techniques in the Model Optimization section of the
documentation for Simulink to improve the performance of your model? This
may speed it up to the point where you don't need to run in a cluster.

On a machine where Simulink and Simulink Coder are available, generate an
executable from the model and call that executable instead of simulating the

Ask the person in charge of maintaining the super-computer to install
Simulink on the machine (adding it to the appropriate license if necessary?)

Rewrite the simulation in MATLAB rather than in Simulink?

Steve Lord