Topic: Field Tests
Replies: 7   Last Post: Mar 5, 2013 8:58 AM

Linda Sutherland

RE: Field Tests
winmail.dat (4.9 K)

Dave -

In the past, I have done the field tests without accommodations. No grade is impacted - potential for information gleaned is huge.
And yes - we, too, drew the short stick - for Geometry. Same question.

Linda Sutherland
Rhinebeck HS

________________________________

From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org on behalf of Ryley David
Sent: Thu 2/28/2013 12:59 PM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Field Tests

Our school was lucky enough to win the NYS lottery... for Regents Field tests. We have done them many times before but I have 2 questions:

1) What do we do with students who have accommodations? The tests are supposed to be done in one class period but some students are entitled to extra time or having questions read. Does anyone know how to handle this?

2) Why are we giving field tests in Integrated Algebra if next June is the last one? I was under the impression the questions that are field tested wouldn't be used on an exam for a while.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,

Dave Ryley

Beacon HS