Topic: A bug-looking behavior during integration
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 28, 2013 9:25 PM

Alex Krasnov

Re: A bug-looking behavior during integration

This does appear to be a bug. Two other examples (Mathematica 8.0.4):

In: Integrate[UnitStep[(1+Cos[ArcTan[x, y]])-Sqrt[x^2+y^2]], {x, -Infinity, Infinity}, {y, -Infinity, Infinity}]
Out: 0

In: Integrate[UnitStep[Cos[3*ArcTan[x, y]]-Sqrt[x^2+y^2]], {x, -Infinity, Infinity}, {y, -Infinity, Infinity}]
Out: 0

Alex