Topic: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium

Replies: 21   Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 3:22 AM

David Bernier

Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to

On 03/01/2013 01:34 AM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> On Feb 28, 8:21 am, dlzc <dl...@cox.net> wrote:
>> Dear Archimedes Plutonium:
>>
>> On Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:31:05 AM UTC-7, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

>>> Google seems to be systematically destroying the
>>> posts made by Archimedes Plutonium.

>> Your posts are still there, Google just does not give a sh*t about odd search terms. Add to this that some of your posts are off-topic in this newsgroup and get reported as spam, so they may no longer show up on searches.
>>
>> David A. Smith

> I have tried the Advanced Search under author
> plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com and it appears that after May 2012,
> Google pretty much stopped archiving authors. Perhaps Google is
> getting out of the archiving business and leaving it to other
> organizations such as Math Forum.
>
> Take a look at your archive by Google and see if your posts after May
> and June are still all there.
>
> Of course Google would not alert its users of such a major shift and
> change and (us, we) users would find out painfully many months later
> what has happened.
>
> Maybe I did not type in the correct search terms of author, but I
> remember another poster many months back commenting also that Google
> stopped archiving posts.
>
> Maybe Google is trying to head in the direction where it allows
> posting and reading, but no archiving.
>
> AP

That's sort of why I'm looking into:
http://sci.tech-archive.net/

The Search feature is a clickable non-descript area
at the top of the page.

Their archives for sci.math by year&month go back
to June 1st 2004, approximately.
for example from the math "bibles" thread:
http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.math/2004-06/0031.html

dave

--
dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID

Date Subject Author
2/28/13
Read Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/28/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bostwick
2/28/13
Read Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
.
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read I nominate University of Cincinnati for sci.logic; Utah State
University for sci.physics
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read is Jeff Relf a Google employee responsible for the AP missing archive posts?
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
.
3/1/13
Read Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Graham Cooper
3/1/13
Read Colleges and Universities hosting the sci. newsgroups, not commercial companies
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Graham Cooper
3/2/13
Read To make a lasting/meaningful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
.
3/2/13
Read putting sci. newsgroups into the control of Universities as host, not Google
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
David Bostwick
3/1/13
Read Is Dr. Cameron Sullards of Georgia Tech, is he David E. Bostwick in disguise??
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
blackhead
2/28/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
nuny@bid.ness
3/2/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
bradguth@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be
systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to
be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bernier
3/1/13
Read for David Bernier, Drexel 2,878 but Google archived 2,400 Re: Google
appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bostwick