Topic: Maxima - simplification/evaluation
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 1, 2013 2:24 PM

Mate

Re: Maxima - simplification/evaluation

On Mar 1, 7:23 am, Richard Fateman <fate...@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> head:?car(x,y)$
> f(x,y):=?list(head,x,y)$
>
>   Probably it would be better
> if you just stop posting such unmotivated questions on sci.math.symbolic.

I do not understand your point.
This was a stripped down problem related to a method
of displaying results in Maxima, method which is used by factor()
and I intended to use in one of my functions.
I am a professional mathematician and I don't know Lisp
but I use Maxima and like it.

With the provided code I get an error message in Maxima:

Maxima encountered a Lisp error:
Error in MACSYMA-TOP-LEVEL [or a callee]:
MACSYMA-TOP-LEVEL [or a callee] requires less than two arguments.