Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: WM's Mytheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 28 Feb., 22:54, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <45c34b52-d039-4aed-9b42-5932bdb5a...@j29g2000vby.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > Then the set of reals in the unit interval do not form a commutative
> > > group under addition and thus cannot be a linear space, and thus cannot
> > > be either the domain or codomain of any linear mapping.

> > It can and it is.

> > > WM claimed a linear mapping between the set of binomial sequences and
> > > the set of paths of a Complete Infinite Binary Tree.

> > > Thus requires, among other things, that both sets have the structure of
> > > linear spaces,

> > You are in error.
> > Every sum and every product that is possible in the reals of the unit
> > interval is possible in the Binary Tree and vice versa. And that is
> > all that is required.

> Then WM need to show, among many other things
> (1) show us how to add any two infinite binary sequences to gat another
> binary sequence from the same set of binary sequences (which is not as
> easy as it appears), and show that this addition on the set of all such
> binary sequences creates an additive group (which the standard addition
> does not so)
> (2) show us how to add two paths in a Complete Infinite Binary Tree to
> gat another path, and show that this addition on the set of all such
> paths creates an additive group.
>
> Then show that that allegedly  linear mapping between binary sequences
> and paths preserves addition.

If you believe that the real unit interval together with + and * is
not isomorphic to the real unit interval with + and * then you may do
so . I call them isomorphic.
If ax + by is in the unit interval, then f(ax + by) is in the tree.
If ax + by is not in the unit interval, then f(ax + by) is not in the
tree.
This is enough to consider unit interval and tree isomorphic (= having
the structure).

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/7/13