Topic: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium

Replies: 21   Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 3:22 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

I nominate University of Cincinnati for sci.logic; Utah State
University for sci.physics

On Mar 1, 2:19 pm, Archimedes Plutonium
<plutonium.archime...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 28, 1:42 pm, Jeff-Relf.Me <@.> wrote:
>

> >   Google Groups is 100% uncensored, so it isn't fully indexed. Were Google Groups fully indexed, it'd be used to game the system; i.e. people would use it to push up the ranking of certain web sites. Large (sub)threads with lots of authors are more likely to be real; i.e. posts with lots of good replies are more likely to be indexed. Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
>
> Sounds like a lot of double-speak, and I would hazard to guess
> that Jeff is a employee of Google, perhaps overseeing the blocked
> from view of 2,000 of Archimedes Plutonium's posts since May of 2012.
>
> --
> ?Google's (and Bing's) searches and archives are top-heavy in hate-
> spew from search-engine-bombing. Since June of 2012, Google
> archive has ceased functioning properly since Drexel's sci.math shows
> 7,100 posts for AP while Google archive stopped at 5,420. Whether
> those posts were destroyed or just blocked from view, is besides the
> point. The point is that Google is no longer a ?stable science
> archive, and that we need a Drexel University type to host each and
> every one of the other sciences. A University to host sci.physics,
> another to host sci.chemistry, another sci.biology until every one of
> the sciences is hosted by a University and out of the hands of a money
> making outfit like Google. One can use Google to post from, ease of
> posting, but we cannot rely on Google for archiving, viewing.
>
> And worse yet, some of the missing posts show up on Niuz.biz
> (Docendi.org) ?which threatens to harm your computer if opening a
> post ?of mine in Niuz.
>
> Only Drexel's Math Forum has done a excellent, simple and fair
> archiving of AP posts for the past 15 years as seen here:
>
> http://mathforum.org/kb/profile.jspa?userID=499986
>
> Archimedes Plutonium
> ?http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
> where dots of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Now I am going to recommend two of my alma maters as hosting sites,
much like Drexel University hosting sci.math.

I nominate University of Cincinnati to host sci.logic and Utah State
University to host sci.physics.

I like for all the sciences to be spread around at different
Universities and Colleges, for there is safety in numbers. And if one
does a better job than others, we all benefit from the improving
evolution.

The important thing is, that the sciences are never at home or at ease
when a money making outfit (Google) is in charge. The sciences need to
be (nearer) to education and that means the colleges and universities,
as in the hymn Nearer, My God, to Thee.

AP

Date Subject Author
2/28/13
Read Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/28/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bostwick
2/28/13
Read Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
.
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read I nominate University of Cincinnati for sci.logic; Utah State
University for sci.physics
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read is Jeff Relf a Google employee responsible for the AP missing archive posts?
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
.
3/1/13
Read Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Graham Cooper
3/1/13
Read Colleges and Universities hosting the sci. newsgroups, not commercial companies
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
Graham Cooper
3/2/13
Read To make a lasting/meaningful contribution, edit Wikipedia.
.
3/2/13
Read putting sci. newsgroups into the control of Universities as host, not Google
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
David Bostwick
3/1/13
Read Is Dr. Cameron Sullards of Georgia Tech, is he David E. Bostwick in disguise??
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: Google Groups isn't Wikipedia, so it's not indexed as if it were.
blackhead
2/28/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
nuny@bid.ness
3/2/13
Read Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by
Archimedes Plutonium
bradguth@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be
systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to
be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bernier
3/1/13
Read for David Bernier, Drexel 2,878 but Google archived 2,400 Re: Google
appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
3/1/13
Read Re: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium
David Bostwick