The Math Forum

Topic: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using
the arrow

Replies: 16   Last Post: Mar 4, 2013 1:53 PM

dpb

Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow

On 3/1/2013 3:50 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> Oh, and before someone replies saying that I can round
> the numbers as I want, yes, I know I can do this, but
> my question is why does the slider does not
> move by the minor/major steps as expected.

Nothing in documentation indicates that is expected for other than the
movement in the arrow/channel portion of the slider control. When you
position the slider directly, the actual position is returned from
nearest pixel translated to range. This is Windows behavior and afaik
there's no OS support to control the actual slider position to the arrow
minor/major discretization steps.

IOW, it is the way it is...

--

Date Subject Author
3/1/13
[...]
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Doug Schwarz
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/3/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Doug Schwarz
3/3/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/4/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
matt dash
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/4/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Steven Lord