Topic: |R| > oo
Replies: 26   Last Post: Mar 8, 2013 8:55 PM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: |R| > oo

On Mar 2, 12:30 pm, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 7:28 pm, Rupert <rupertmccal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Friday, March 1, 2013 9:39:31 PM UTC+1, Graham Cooper wrote:
> > > A LIST oo ROWS LONG!
>
> > > 0.00...
>
> > > 0.00...
>
> > This post is incoherent dribble.
>
> I showed a partial infinite list of reals.
>
> 0.00..
> 0;00..
> ..
>
> Do you have an ANTI-DIAGONAL function to support your claims it is
> incomplete?
>
> What is your anti-diagonal function?
>
> Herc

How would you establish that the expansions you begin to detail would
map on to any segment of R?

Well, that gets into whether the function, that makes a list these
expansions, has as a range, an interval of reals.

So, look at the equivalency function, as I call it, it's quite well-
defined, it goes to one, and in binary there's only one anti-diagonal,
and it's one.

I'll agree that a more carefully defined function, that would have as
each initial segment of each initial segment, of a matrix of values of
the expansions, zeroes, with the only anti-diagonal in binary being
ones, with real value one, may go from zero, to one.

And: only one does.

Then, for a conscientious mathematician, formalist year-round, that's
compelling.

There are lots who would work in foundations, but transfinite
cardinals aren't used in real analysis, or continuum analysis for
applications and physics. And, physics needs new methods to explain
results of experiment. And, results in the digital are available via
asymptotics. Good day.

Regards,

Ross Finlayson