Topic: Cardinality of turning wheel
Replies: 43   Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 1:55 AM

William Elliot

Re: Cardinality of turning wheel

On Sat, 2 Mar 2013, netzweltler wrote:
> On 2 Mrz., 20:39, quasi <qu...@null.set> wrote:
> > netzweltler wrote:

> > >What is the cardinality of the number of revolutions of a
> > >turning wheel, if there is no beginning and no end to it?

> > For a wheel revolving forever (both past and future), the
> > set of revolutions is in one-to-one correspondence with the
> > set of integers, hence has cardinality aleph-0.

> Is this still true, if the wheel is revolving at infinite speed,
> meaning, that we can see at least one revolution no matter how small
> the time we are watching it?

No. In that case the wheel, necessarily composed of purely virtual
fantasy, would have spun, in it's eternal life, aleph_1 times.

Riddle of the day. How long is eternity?
aleph_0 years, aleph_1 days, aleph_2 seconds?

Date Subject Author
3/2/13
Read Cardinality of turning wheel
netzweltler