The Math Forum

Topic: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using
the arrow

Replies: 16   Last Post: Mar 4, 2013 1:53 PM

dpb

Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow

On 3/2/2013 5:18 PM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:
> On 3/2/2013 4:30 PM, dpb wrote:
>

>> Not to mention it would break the expected behavior users know from
>> other Windows apps where they can typically move the slider itself to
>> obtain yet more granularity than provided by the arrow/keyboard.
>>

> wow, That must be some really an amazing mouse/hand coordination
> where one can use the mouse to slide a slider by just say 0.0001 amount.
>
> How can this be possible? Can one actually control by hand the
> slider values to change by such a amout? Is this like super lazer
> type of mouse?

What the amount is all depends on the range specified; it's the pixel
resolution that's the controlling amount and that's fixed by the
hardware/display/etc., ...

> But to obtain exact values from Slider, another simple solution
> (other than having an option as I said before) it to allow
> a small pop-up window to use to enter in it a more exact value
> whenneeded.
>
> This is what Mathematica does....

So use Mathematica... :) --or code your own--you could create such
yourself if want.

--

Date Subject Author
3/1/13
[...]
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Doug Schwarz
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/3/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Doug Schwarz
3/3/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/4/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
matt dash
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/4/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Steven Lord