The Math Forum

Topic: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using
the arrow

Replies: 16   Last Post: Mar 4, 2013 1:53 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow

On 3/3/2013 12:07 AM, Doug Schwarz wrote:

> But you can get what you want simply by
> rounding the slider value in the callback function.

I know. That is what I had to do.

>You want two levels
> of granularity and you can have them.
>
> I want three levels of granularity

No problem. There is a trivial solution to this.

Add a new option to allow user to specify either the "2 levels"
or the "3 levels". Make the default to be the "3 levels" so it
works as it does now.

This way the UIcontrol will be backward compatible. Old code
will work on new versions as is when this option is missing.

This way, a user does not have to do the rounding as this is
something that should be done inside the UI control based on
the minor step.

This way, you can have your 3 levels, and I can have my 2 levels.

But this is not a big deal for me actually, I do not do much Matlab
GUI any more. I was just playing around with some program and noticed
this strange slider result. I just like to complain when I see
something not right. I can't help it :)

--Nasser

Date Subject Author
3/1/13
Read Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using
the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/1/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Doug Schwarz
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/3/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Doug Schwarz
3/3/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/4/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
matt dash
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
dpb
3/2/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs.
using the arrow
Nasser Abbasi
3/4/13
Read Re: Slider step, value does not agree with setting when sliding vs. using the arrow
Steven Lord