Topic: Conjugate
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 3, 2013 2:21 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: Conjugate

To have an Element statement applied it would have to be used as an
assumption along with a command that can use assumptions (e.g.,
Simplify, FullSimplify).

Assuming[Element[{A, B}, Complexes],
FullSimplify[Conjugate[A + B] == Conjugate[A] + Conjugate[B]]]

True

FullSimplify[Conjugate[A + B] == Conjugate[A] + Conjugate[B],
Element[{A, B}, Complexes]]

True

However, this Assumption is unnecessary.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 3:46 AM, 遠山聡一 <st.merl.ebina@gmail.com> wrote:
> I executed following inputs:
> Exit[]
> Element[{A, B}, Complexes];
> Conjugate[A + B] == Conjugate[A] + Conjugate[B]
> I expected "True" on the last input, but Mathematica's output was:
> Conjugate[A + B] == Conjugate[A] + Conjugate[B]
> Why didnt Mathematica answer "True"?
> Thanks.

Drexel University 1994-2014. All Rights Reserved.