Topic: find
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 4, 2013 10:17 AM

Steven Lord

Re: find

"a h" <adnanhidic194@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message <kh0pr9$vdf$1@speranza.aioe.org>...

>> may be you need find(x==50.2) instead

> So I have tryed with your advice but now i get
>>> find(x==50.6675)
> ans =
> Empty matrix: 0-by-1
> which i dont know what means? because my vector is not empty

See TideMan's message in this thread. Your vector does not contain the exact
number 50.6675 so FIND indicates it couldn't find that value in your vector.
Yes, I know that's what you saw when you displayed it to the Command Window.
When displayed with FORMAT SHORT (which is the default) only four decimal
places of your values are displayed, but the actual values are stored in
double precision. Use TideMan's tolerance-based solution.

Steve Lord