Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: WMytheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<d86d6de5-f167-4f42-9e0c-adfbe2df0ff9@gp5g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 3 Mrz., 23:35, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > is always finite - up to every natural number.
> > > If you don't like that
> > > recognition, try to name a number that does not belong to a FISON.
> > > This set is always in one line. You should understand that every
> > > number is in and hence every FISON is a line of the list.

> > Indeed, but the question is whether there is one single line of the
> > list that contains every FISON.  We know that such a line
> > cannot be findable.  There is the unfindable, variable,
> > a different one for each person, line l_m.  However, calling
> > l_m "one single line of the list" is silly.

> On the other hand, you claim that there are infinitely many lines of
> the list required to contain all FISONs. But you cannot name the first
> line of that required set.

WM's last sentence above implies that there is only one such set, but
that reveals WM's total misunderstanding of the actuality, since Any and
EVERY infinite set of lines is sufficient and any one of the infinite
sets of lines, but no particular one, is necessary.

> You cannot even name one line that belongs
> to that infinite set.

To which of the infinitely many satisfactorily infinite sets which are
sufficient does WM refer when he speaks of "that infinite set??

> So is your claim not infinitely more silly than
> mine?

We are not clever enough to be sillier than WM.

> What is the advantage of your position?

It does not require us to lie to support it.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13
Read Matheology § 222 Back to the roots