Topic: Non-linear optimization
Replies: 32   Last Post: Mar 8, 2013 2:22 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Non-linear optimization

"Toan Cao" <toancv3010@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <kh2ni9$9ar$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

*snip*

> As i know, Levenberg-Marquardt, Gauss-Newton methods use f(x) to calculate
> the Jacobian matrix. If i just have F(x) ( not f(x) ), how does
> optimization solvers compute this matrix? Can you explain for me the way
> that the solvers implement ?

I believe the documentation for Optimization Toolbox and Global Optimization
Toolbox describe the algorithms the functions in those two toolboxes use in
some detail.

> Actually, i need to understand more deeply and hope to modify somethings
> for my specific function.

Why? What's your application?

--
Steve Lord