Topic: Would this be your daughter?
Replies: 22   Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 11:04 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Would this be your daughter?

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Mar 6, 2013 2:13 AM :
> 1. I doubt, even in the current mess that college
> loans are in, an 18 year old "adult" could acquire
> this much debt without their parent's assistance.
>
> 2. I would not ALLOW my 18 year old son to do such a
> thing to himself, even if it were possible.
>
> That is what parents are for.
>
> Bob Hansen

(Snipped copy of Lou Talman's post)
I could understand a parent refusing to finance such a course - or refusing to stand guarantee (if such guarantee is needed) for the loan that the student might need to join the course.

But "ALLOW" ??!!!

Would you perhaps get a police officer to prevent the daughter/son from taking the course? You'd need a court order first, of course.

Ah, the crosses that we parents have to bear (apart from having brought these children into this world in the first place)!

GSC
("Still Shoveling!)