Topic: CHAITAN'S POWERSET!
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 6, 2013 1:24 AM

Bill Taylor

Re: CHAITAN'S POWERSET!

On Mar 6, 9:27 am, Charlie-Boo <shymath...@gmail.com> wrote:
.
> Chaitin is a total idiot and a fraud.  Nothing that he says stands up
> to formal scrutiny.

It's about time someone fronted up with comments of this sort.

> Omega is not a constant.  There's no such thing
> as the probability of halting - it does not converge.

These two things are among the MOST egregious nonsenses he
(or his supporters) have come up with. He is a CSist, not a
mathematician.

The real villains though, I suspect, (as usual!), are the popularizers
who jump on the bandwagon and insist that his stuff is the biggest
thing since sliced bread and will save the world from climate change,
terrorism and Big Macs.

> Chaitin and Codd are 2 of the biggest BSers in cs publishing.

Agreed on Codd. Chaitin may have been overly misrepresented however.

> both were funded by the biggest money in the business: IBM.

Intriguing! I didn't know that about Chaitin. Certainly a connection
to the makers and unmakers of Deep Yellow is a bad vibe!

-- Brutal Bill