Topic: Why schools used to be better
Replies: 25   Last Post: Mar 9, 2013 1:05 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Why schools used to be better

Lou Talman posted Mar 2, 2013 10:34 PM:

> Because so few humans undertake any endeavors.

I do, I think, understand the sense in which you make this assertion - but: I believe that (at least in a simplistic way) we're all performing lesser or greater 'endeavors' all the time (in some way or another):

- -- Every day, we get up; perform ablutions; do various other things, from getting breakfast to working on a whole number of small objectives (endeavors).

- -- Every human being is always *endeavoring to do something or the other* all through his/her life - and so is every group of human beings. (Not that the individuals or groups are actually endeavoring to do worthwhile things; or performing their endeavors effectively).

The rest of Lou Talman's response appears below:

--
> --Louis A. Talman
> Department of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
> Metropolitan State University of Denver
>
> <http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>

Message was edited by: GS Chandy