Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<fd0fc507-a0ea-4e5b-bddd-2ac4e1af82f3@g16g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 5 Mrz., 22:40, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > One of my statements.
> >
> > Nope. This is my claim, put into the language we
> > have now developed.  It is equivalent to saying
> > that L_m has no fixed maximum value, something we
> > both agree with.
> >
> > Indeed our argument is now only over language.
> > We both agree that the line L_m contains
> > every FIS of d, and that only L_m will do.
> > We only disagree about my claim that calling
> > L_m  "a single line of the list" is silly.-

> L_m is a single line if m is a natural number.

But any such m. by reason of not being able to have a successor, cannot
be a natural.

> Would you prefer to call L_m infinitely many lines?

It is a "last line" in a list which does not have any last lines.

> But more important: you do no longer claim that the list can be
> completed and that larger infinities can exist?

Perhaps not in Wolkenmuekenheim, but infinities can and do exist outside
it.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13