Topic: Non-linear optimization
Replies: 32   Last Post: Mar 8, 2013 2:22 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: Non-linear optimization

"Matt J" wrote in message <kh8dvs$imu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> But yes, the above is equivalent to minimizing F(x). That's what we want. Now, however, you can feed f(x) to LSQNONLIN and run its Levenberg-Marquardt routine.

And in what sense this contortion supposes to do any good?

The Gauss-Newton approximation of the square-root will certainly less accurate than working with F directly. Especially when the lower-bound is careless chosen.