Topic: Version 2012b breaks parallel toolbox code
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 7, 2013 2:44 AM

Edric Ellis

Re: Version 2012b breaks parallel toolbox code

"Jessica Mustard" <jessica.mustard@tufts.edu> writes:

> My parallel code stopped working with the new version 2012b,
> specifically I have code that grabs the ID of the current work and
> writes files with file names including that ID. This way I can write
> log files without the different workers interrupting each other.
>
> t = getCurrentTask;
> id = num2str(t.ID);
> fname = [fnameroot filesep 'log_' id '.txt'];
>
> Did this happen to anybody else? Anybody know why? Is there a more
> recommended method for achieving this same thing?

This code should continue to work in R2012b. Can you give more details
about what's going wrong, and in what context? I just tried this in
R2012b, and it worked as I expected:

>> matlabpool open local 3
>> fnameroot = 'foo';
>> spmd, t = getCurrentTask; id = num2str(t.ID); fname = ['foo' filesep 'log_' id '.log'], end

Lab 1:
fname =
foo/log_1.log
Lab 2: