Topic: |R| > oo
Replies: 26   Last Post: Mar 8, 2013 8:55 PM

William Hughes

Re: |R| > oo

On Mar 3, 12:01 am, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since all above arguments must hold, the latter more absurd ones are
> enough to throw doubt on Cantors Method

Well, we finally find out why GC is posting all these lists.
However, the argument does not make sense.
It is true that at one point the Cantor proof requires
the choice of an antidiagonal function. There are many
such functions that can be chosen, each leading to a different
number which is not on the list. For some reason this
is a problem in GC 's
mind. But why should an arbitrary choice
invalidate the proof. We only need that there is at least
one antidiagonal function, so the fact that there is more
than one is of no consequence.