Topic: Elementary complex analysis
Replies: 19   Last Post: Mar 9, 2013 11:35 AM

AP

Re: Elementary complex analysis

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 09:42:08 -0600, David C. Ullrich
<ullrich@math.okstate.edu> wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:29:07 -0800 (PST), Paul <pepstein5@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>

>>I suspect there's a theorem about entire complex functions f which have the property that the absolute value of f(z) tends to infinity as the absolute value of z tends to infinity.
>> What does this theorem say? I don't know of any such functions besides polynomials of degree >= 1. Is it the case that the set of functions which have this property is
>> just the set of polynomials of degree >= 1.

>Yes.
>
>Non-elementary proof: Look up the Piicard theorems. This is immediate
>even from the "Little" Picard theorem.

in my book the little Picard theorem is :
if f is entire and if C\f(C) has , at least, two points , then f is
constant
but, I don't see how to use it
can you gives me an idea? thanks