Topic: Indexing
Replies: 4   Last Post: Mar 7, 2013 2:24 PM

Re: Indexing

On 3/7/2013 12:56 PM, Eric wrote:
> dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kh80br$98u$1@speranza.aioe.org>...

>> ix=find(A==DROP,1); % the first index
>> A(ix) % the value at that index
>> NB: If A is floating point and not integer-value, the problem of exact
>> comparisons for floating point values may rear its head...the values
>> you've shown are integers well withing DP resolution so will be stored
>> exactly, but that's not necessarily so in general of course.

> Thanks for this. You were correct that the problem of exact comparisons
> for floating point values became an issue because all numbers in A were
> non-integers. I rounded the values using floor since I do not need to be
> accurate to a tenths decimal place with the data I am working with.

There's a submission on the FEX that handles approximate comparisons I'm
pretty sure I recall being mentioned. I don't know the name/link, but
if it's a continuing issue you may want to take a look...

Date Subject Author
Read Indexing
Read Re: Indexing
Derek Goring