Topic: Matlab desktop GUI refreshing slowly
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 7, 2013 5:01 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Matlab desktop GUI refreshing slowly

"Mat " <mcleonard@berkeley.edu> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Recently, the power flipped off and on in our building, causing our
> computers to reboot. Afterwards, Matlab's desktop GUI refreshes very
> slowly, to the point where it is difficult to use, but it appears to be
> working just as fast behind the slow refreshing GUI. As far as I can
> tell, this problem only exists with Matlab, every other program runs
> smoothly.
> We're running Matlab version 7.1.0.246 on Windows XP SP2.
>
> Any help fixing this slow GUI problem would be appreciated. Thanks!

Try making a backup copy of your preferences directory (which you can find
using the PREFDIR function) then closing MATLAB and deleting the preferences
directory. [Be sure to make the backup copy, as deleting the preferences
directory will restore MATLAB back to the default state.] The next time you
start MATLAB it will recreate the preferences.

If that resolves the problem, send the contents of the backed up preferences
directory to Technical Support to determine which file or files were
corrupted by the unanticipated shutdown. If it does not resolve the problem,
contact Technical Support and let them know that you tried deleting and
recreating the preferences directory without success.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com