Topic: F^I isomorphic to finite(F^I)
Replies: 11   Last Post: Mar 8, 2013 3:45 PM

Kaba

Re: F^I isomorphic to finite(F^I)

6.3.2013 23:13, Arturo Magidin wrote:
> PROPOSITION: A vector space V is isomorphic to its dual if and only if dim(V) is finite.

Yep, this is what I am after.

> You can see a collection of proofs at
> http://mathoverflow.net/questions/13322/
>
> Alternatively:
>
> From an old post of Bill Dubuque's,
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!msg/sci.math/8aeaiKMLP8o/OeF_n4IseYIJ
>
> of from
>
> http://math.stackexchange.com/a/58598

Thanks, Arturo, this is exactly what I needed, and I think I got it.
This was also my first proof which concerned cardinalities, so nice to
learn some new techniques:)

--
http://kaba.hilvi.org