Topic: Would this be your daughter?
Replies: 22   Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 11:04 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Would this be your daughter?

Lou Talman posted Mar 6, 2013 10:52 PM:
> On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 21:10:25 -0700, Robert Hansen
> <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:
>

> > ... That does not happen by chance.
> >
> > Bob Hansen

> It also doesn't happen because an overweening parent
> refuses to "allow" it.
>
> --Louis A. Talman

Indeed!

And - I have generally found - such "overweening parents" are generally a WHOLE LOT less *effective* as parents than they believe themselves to be. I have seen a few such parents.

There probably is no study about this belief of mine, but it does seem to appear that such "overweening parents" are usually devotees at the shrine of 'traditional by-rote teaching of math (and science)'.

And I do accept that I cannot yet be 100% certain of the following assertions:

Such indeed appears to be the case in the present instance.

This too is "not by chance", it seems.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy