Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 8 Mrz., 12:29, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 8, 12:16 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
>

> > On 8 Mrz., 11:05, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > To make a change:
>
> Please answer the question
>

> > Do *you* agree with the statement: It is silly to
> > claim the existence of a set of natural numbers that has no first
> > element?

> <outside of Wokenmekenheim>

Where is Worker's meken?

> Given the standard ordering, it makes sense
> to claim the existence of a  set of natural numbers that has no
> last element but it does not make sense
> to claim the existence of a (non-empty)

Very important remark! Thank you.

> set of natural numbers that
> has no
> first element

Very good. I see, we agree completely. Would you be so kind to inform
Virgil of this surprising fact? For some unknown reasons he does not
believe in my words and in logic.

And I have a second question:

The set of FISONs that do not contain the set |N of all natural
numbers, in its natural order, has a first element {1}, a second
element {1, 2}, but no last element.

Can a bunch of infinitely many incapables be capable?
For instance, can an infinite sequence of positive numbers between 0
and 1 have the limit 100?

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/7/13