Topic: Please help me with the following question
Replies: 78   Last Post: Mar 25, 2013 1:38 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Please help me with the following question

Robert Hansen posted Mar 9, 2013 1:08 PM:
> That is a solution. What was the strategy.
>
> Bob Hansen

Strategy?

Now THAT'S for sure a very hard question to answer!

I was 10 or 11 years old (as I recall). There's not much I can recall now about the strategy I might have used back then (or for that matter about the game, ground or master plan; program; project; road map; scheme; system; etc, etc).

I'd guess my 'strategy' must have been just to think incessantly about that problem (though at the back of my mind much of the time) till I got the idea that I **knew** (strategically, I suppose) would solve it for me - but that's only my guess more than half-a-century later... Just how I might have known that was the solution, I don't know now. But that definitely was, I do clearly recall, a "EUREKA!" moment. After that it was only a matter of *just doing it*: the 'solution' was obvious.

I believe that's about all I can tell you about it now. (Apart from the fact that it seemed to have worked). But let me think somewhat more about it and if anything 'comes to mind' that may look to me now like any 'strategy', etc, that I might have used back then, I shall surely let you know. I think you'll have to make do with this. Sorry about that.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy

Date Subject Author
2/24/13
Read Please help me with the following question
hydraflap
2/24/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Richard Strausz
2/25/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
James Elander
2/27/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Wayne Bishop
3/1/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/1/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/5/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
johnykeets
3/7/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Joe Niederberger
3/7/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Robert Hansen
3/7/13
[...]
3/8/13
[...]
3/9/13
[...]
3/10/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Robert Hansen
3/9/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/10/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/10/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/10/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Joe Niederberger
3/10/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Robert Hansen
3/10/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/11/13
[...]
3/12/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Joe Niederberger
3/12/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/13/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/13/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Robert Hansen
3/13/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Joe Niederberger
3/13/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Robert Hansen
3/13/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Joe Niederberger
3/14/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Robert Hansen
3/14/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Robert Hansen
3/15/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/14/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Joe Niederberger
3/14/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Robert Hansen
3/14/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
Joe Niederberger
3/15/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
GS Chandy
3/25/13
Read Re: Please help me with the following question
VALERY