Topic: help with generating data froma model
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 9, 2013 7:48 PM

Derek Goring

Re: help with generating data froma model

On Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:39:09 PM UTC+13, ilmical wrote:
> TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <cbe461b0-6f74-48f9-8afc-2ab9c8014a30@googlegroups.com>...
>

> > On Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:49:08 AM UTC+13, ilmical wrote:
>
> > > Can anyone share your thoughts on generating data from the model below?
>

> > > y_i = a + bx_i +((1+rx_i)^0.5)*u_i, i=1....n, where x_i ~iid with df 1, u_i iid U(-2, 2) and n=10, 25, 50 and 500. The true a=2, b.=2, and r=1. I need some help to get started with programming. Thanks in advance.
>

> > The thought I'd like to share with you is that this is homework.
>
> > Shouldn't you be doing this yourself?
>

> Thank you. I have tried to solve it for days. I am just hoping someone with much more experiences on this application can point me a direction on this.

That's what your teacher/professor is paid for.
Why not ask him/her?
They will probably appreciate you pointing out that their teaching is so bad that you have spent days trying to do the homework.