Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<ce6b924d-cbbb-41e3-a404-7fb401325079@he10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 10 Mrz., 10:28, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > "Every given n" is tantamount to "there is a last given n".
> >
> > I do not talk about "every given n" but about "every n"
> > (this means from 1 to n for every n).   Note that
> > "there is a last n" but it is not a findable natural
> > number.

> Better say "a not fixable natural number".

> > Note that you do not need the x_n to exist to say
> > something about them.

> That is true. For instance we can say that a natural number is either
> even or odd.

Only existing natural numbers need be either,
WM's non-existing naturals can be neither or both.

> >  For example, you can say no
> > x_n that will ever exist will be equal to 0.

> Yes, that is another example.

Not for the von Neumann naturals.

> > If you say x is coFIS to y you are saying something
> > about x_n and y_n that may not exist at this time.

> That is the hardest problem. There are some properties which can be
> determined (like the examples above). There are other which cannot.
>
> But in every case we know that there is a line of the list that is
> identical with the FIS of d, both existing or not existing yet.
> Identity implis coFISionality. Do you deny this?

But the set of lines and d are not identical at all.
d ha no member which is a line and the set f lines has no member which
is natural, al the lines are lists/sets of naturals, none is a natural
by itself.

Bit in Wolkenmuekenheim there does not appear to be any distinction
between a set and one of its members.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13