Topic: How to tell matlab to ignore a chunk of code
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 10:21 PM

Steven Lord

Re: How to tell matlab to ignore a chunk of code

"Paul" <paul.domaskis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In C, one can pragmas designate entire sections of code to be
> ignored. I can use the Matlab "if" statement to accomplish the same
> thing in Matlab, but it doesn't work if the code to be ignored
> contains a nested function. Apart from commenting out the entire
> section, is there a way to bookend the section of code with some kind
> of flag to accomplish the same thing? I am not compiling the code for
> stand alone execution.

Commenting out the section of code is how I'd handle this situation. You can
use block comments to do so by starting the comment with %{ on its own line
and ending with %} on its own line.

Steve Lord