Topic: Wouldn't it be nice if Matlab supported C-style comments?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 12, 2013 6:46 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Wouldn't it be nice if Matlab supported C-style comments?

"Paul" <paul.domaskis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 10, 4:38 pm, "Bruno Luong" <b.lu...@fogale.findmycountry>
> wrote:

*snip*

> No that's *very* interesting. I never knew you could do that. So to
> comment out the +2 line, I would do
>
> ... % + 2

Yes, and that's documented behavior.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/specialcharacters.html

> Not as flexible as comments defined by opening and closing tokens, but
> it goes a long way to fulfilling the need.

If you feel strongly that MATLAB should have comments like you described,
please contact Technical Support and ask them to add your request to the
official enhancement database.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com