Topic: Importing .xlsx files in parallels
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 10, 2013 10:46 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Importing .xlsx files in parallels

"Ryan " <ryanshuell@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, but it looks like the last M-code sample that I posted does NOT
> import all Excel files in a folder. Well, at least I couldn't get it to
> work. This, however, does work.
> % % Import all excel files in a folder into multiple Matlab variables.
> % % Your variables will be num1, num2, ...etc
> d = dir('C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\Excel_Files\*.xls*'); nfiles = length(d);
> for k = 1:nfiles
> n=int2str(k);
> eval(['[num' n ', txt' n ', raw' n '] = xlsread(d(k).name,1);']);

Don't do this! See question 6 in the Programming section of the newsgroup
FAQ for an explanation why this is a Bad Idea and alternatives you should
use instead. Question 12 in that same section may also be of interest.

Steve Lord