Topic: Version 2012b breaks parallel toolbox code
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 11, 2013 4:05 AM

Edric Ellis

Re: Version 2012b breaks parallel toolbox code

"Jessica M" <noone@nowhere.edu> writes:
> Edric M Ellis <eellis@mathworks.com> wrote in message <ytwppzb6t8b.fsf@uk-eellis0l.dhcp.mathworks.com>...
>

>> That's strange, the behaviour of 'getCurrentTask' has not changed
>> (deliberately) between R2012b. It has always returned [] on the MATLAB
>> client, and the current task on a worker. I don't know much about the GA
>> search code, do you happen to know if your fitness function gets called
>> on the client? (Presumably things fail like this if you haven't got a
>> matlabpool open too?)
>>

> I have confirmed that matlabpool is open, and the fitness fcn is called on the
> client with 2012a. The ga function (from optimization toolbox) controls this
> anyways with option 'UseParallel', so I wouldn't know how to change that.
>
> I will keep running fine with 2012a, guess no one else had this issue.
> Maybe it is on our end.

Is there any chance you could post or email me a reproduction? I'd still
like to understand where the problem is - because as I say, I don't
believe anything should have changed, but clearly it has.

Cheers,

Edric.