Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<f1e51e0a-48c1-4e0a-b031-77cb03dd41d0@he10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 11 Mrz., 11:31, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > or, more precisely: to the sequence 1, 2, 3, ..., max defined by (d).
> > > Yes, that is right.

> > Do you agree with the statement
> >
> > If G is a subset of lines of L
> > and G has a fixed last element
> > then there is no line, l, in G
> > for which it is true that
> >     For every n, the nth
> >     FIS of d is contained in l

> This holds if you fix a line l but do not fix the findable part of d.

But the "findable" part of d cannot be fixed because for any and every
line l there is a FIS of d longer than that l. And WM cannot deny his.

> Otherwise for every findable part of d there is an identical line.

For every findable part of d there is a longer findable part.

> You can also say that for every findable part of d there is a line
> twice as long, if you fix d_1, ..., d_n but do not fix the line.
>
> Why do you think it is more important or in any way preferable to fix
> a line but to extend d than vice versa?

We don't think it important to "fix" either.
For us , both
For each FIS(d) there is an l longer than FIS(d)
and
For each l there is a FIS(d) longer than l.
are equally true.

WHy do YOU think that there is any finite sequence of lines or finite
FIS of d is incapable of being extended?

OUSIDE of Wolkenmuekenheim, n cannot be a natural number unless n+1 is
also.

INSIDE of Wolkenmuekenheim , it seems there must always be a natural n
for which there is no successor natural, n+1.

WM has claimed that a mapping from the set of all infinite binary
sequences to the set of paths of a CIBT is a linear mapping.
In order to show that such a mapping is a linear mapping, WM must first
show that the set of all binary sequences is a vector space and that the
set of paths of a CIBT is also a vector space, which he has not done and
apparently cannot do, and then show that his mapping satisfies
f(ax + by) = af(x) + bf(y), where a and b are arbitrary members of the
field of scalars and x and y are binary sequences and f(x) and f(y) are
paths in a CIBT.

By the way, WM, what are ax and by and ax+by when x and y are binary
sequences?

If a = 1/3 and x is binary sequence, what is ax ?
and if f(x) is a path in a CIBT, what is af(x)?

Until these and a few other issues are settled, WM will still have
failed to justify his claim of a LINEAR mapping from the set (but not
yet proved to be vector space) of binary sequences to the set (but not
yet proved to be vector space) of paths ln a CIBT.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13
Read Matheology § 222 Back to the roots