Topic: Physicists Discover a Whopping 13 New Solutions to Three-Body Problem
Replies: 2   Last Post: Mar 12, 2013 8:17 PM

mahipal7638@gmail.com

Re: Physicists Discover a Whopping 13 New Solutions to Three-Body Problem

On Mar 12, 5:35 pm, benj <b...@iwaynet.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:17:16 -0500, Sam Wormley wrote:
> > Physicists Discover a Whopping 13 New Solutions to Three-Body Problem
> >>http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2013/03/physicists-discover-a-
>
> whopping.html?ref=hp
>

> >> It's the sort of abstract puzzle that keeps a scientist awake at night:
> >> Can you predict how three objects will orbit each other in a repeating
> >> pattern? In the 300 years since this "three-body problem"
> >> was first recognized, just three families of solutions have been found.
> >> Now, two physicists have discovered 13 new families. It's quite a feat
> >> in mathematical physics, and it could conceivably help astrophysicists
> >> understand new planetary systems.

> >> The trove of new solutions has researchers jazzed. "I love these
> >> things," says Robert Vanderbei a mathematician at Princeton University
> >> who was not involved in the work. He says he, in fact,
> >> spent all night thinking about the work.

One whole night of thought by a Princeton University mathematician!
That's just impossible to top.

> Just what is "mathematical phsyics" anyway? How about "applied
> mathematics"? Of course most real mathematicians hate anything that's
> "applied". It's only physicists who should have been mathematicians and
> think that the more abstruse the math you can generate the more is shows
> you are a "science brain", that are impressed with this work.

Ben "mathematical phsyics" is a typo. Thanks for making it easy for
me. I owe you one.

> The fact that all the so-called physicists are all having an orgasm over
> this mathmatical work shows precisely one of the things that is wrong
> with science today.
>
> Great work, math guys! Next you can all work on trying to show that the
> solar system is stable.

Math is the modern day Latin pre the Gutenberg's common language
printing press. Always remember, never forget... modern mathematicians
and physicists are too CPU challenged to post real time content on the
www Internet. Mathematical Physicists are more incompetent that one of
them George W. Bushes... how convenient!

Enjo(y)... Cheers!
--
Mahipal, pronounced "My Pal" or "Maple"... Maple Loops, Syrup, Wood.

http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/
"If the line between science fiction and science fact
doesn't drive you crazy, then you're just not tr(y)ing!"