Topic: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Replies: 23   Last Post: Mar 25, 2013 4:54 PM

Frederick Williams

Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring

"Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" wrote:

> In <513FD11E.93AEB9D8@guy.com>, on 03/12/2013
> at 09:06 PM, Math Guy <Math@guy.com> said:

> >a) if a membrane was stretched across the ring, what would the area
> >of the membrane be?

> >b) if the ring represented an aperture through which some material
> >(gas, fluid) must pass, or the flux of some field (electric, etc).
> >This would be Area B.

> Define what you mean by the surface associated with the ring [...]

I think he has, twice! If definitions are good, two must be better.

Date Subject Author
3/12/13
Read Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Math Guy
3/13/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Ray Koopman
3/13/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Narasimham
3/14/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Narasimham
3/13/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
3/13/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Frederick Williams
3/13/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Brian Q. Hutchings
3/14/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
fom
3/14/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Math Guy
3/15/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Ray Koopman
3/15/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Math Guy
3/15/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
fom
3/16/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Ray Koopman
3/16/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
fom
3/16/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Math Guy
3/16/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
fom
3/16/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Ray Koopman
3/15/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Peter Spellucci
3/16/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Math Guy
3/17/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Ray Koopman
3/17/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Math Guy
3/18/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Ray Koopman
3/25/13
Read Re: Calculating the area of a closed 3-D path or ring
Gib Bogle