Topic: Matheology § 223: AC and AMS
Replies: 102   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 12:26 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 223: AC and AMS

In article
<49997f49-a909-4483-991b-8c35094259c6@gp5g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 14 Mrz., 13:59, Alan Smaill <sma...@SPAMinf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
> > WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

Only in WM's corrupted version of math is anyone ever forced to use the
axiom of choice, though there is little reason to object to it.

> > > The axiom belongs to the system. It says that elements can be chosen.

The AOC is NOT a required part of THE system, but is entirely optional,
and there is not much important mathematics that cannot be done, though
with much greater difficulty, without it.

> > > To choose immaterial elements,  hmm, how is that accomplished in a
> > > system that contains the axiom of choice?

One always chooses material elements.

> > I can only repeat myself --
> > where is the *logical* contradiction there, in terms of classical
> > mathematics?

> You will find it if you try to answer my question. Choosing means
> defining (by a finite number of words) a chosen element (unless it is
> a material object). No other possibility exists.

> > Of course, you think it's false, and unimaginable, and whatever
> > words you want to use.
> >
> > But you claim it's *self-contradictory*, don't you?
> >
> > And that's a whole different claim.

> Please look up what Zermelo wrote. (In Matheology § 225 you will find
> the orginal German text.) It is always possible /to choose/ an element
> from every non-empty set and to union the chosen elements into a set
> S_1.

If that is what Zermelo said then he was wrong to say it because one
does not ever "union" elements, only sets.

> This means: It is possible to have and to apply uncountably many
> finite words in order to choose and in order to distinguish the
> elements in S_1 (a set can have only distinct elements by axiom).

What axiom says that a set can only have "distinct" elements, and what
does it mean for elements to be "distinct"?
Certainly in the real line, the elements form a continuum, in which they
are NOT distinct in any usual sense as there is never a next larger or
next smaller real.

WM has frequently claimed that a mapping from the set of all infinite
binary sequences to the set of paths of a CIBT is a linear mapping.
In order to show that such a mapping is a linear mapping, WM must first
show that the set of all binary sequences is a vector space and that the
set of paths of a CIBT is also a vector space, which he has not done and
apparently cannot do, and then show that his mapping satisfies the
linearity requirement that
f(ax + by) = af(x) + bf(y),
where a and b are arbitrary members of a field of scalars and x and y
are f(x) and f(y) are vectors in suitable linear spaces.

By the way, WM, what are a, b, ax, by and ax+by when x and y are binary
sequences?

If a = 1/3 and x is binary sequence, what is ax ?
and if f(x) is a path in a CIBT, what is af(x)?

Until these and a few other issues are settled, WM will still have
failed to justify his claim of a LINEAR mapping from the set (but not
yet proved to be vector space) of binary sequences to the set (but not
yet proved to be vector space) of paths ln a CIBT.

Just another of WM's many wild claims of what goes on in his WMytheology
that he cannot back up.
--

Date Subject Author
3/14/13
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]