Topic: Searchnig for a string in a array
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 15, 2013 12:52 PM

dpb

Re: Searchnig for a string in a array

On 3/14/2013 3:38 PM, Pawel wrote:
> Imagine you have the following array
>
> A = {100, 200, 'Hello', 'World is here', 'Is'}
>
> I need to find position of the cells that contain string 'is', i.e. I
> want to get
>
> ans = 4 5
>
> How do I do it?

Well, not as simple as I thought unless I'm missing something that can
do...I had to resort to loop construct and testing...

lx=zeros(size(A));
for i=1:length(A)
if cellfun('isclass',A(i),'char');
if strfind(lower(char(A(i))),'is')
lx(i)=i;
end
end
end

I didn't play w/ regxp; I'm not very adept so there may be a trivial
answer there...