Topic: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 14, 2013 6:39 PM

Yair Altman

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

"Pedro" wrote in message <khssbq$6hm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hello community,
>
> I have searched for this error and encountered many people with this runtime error, now the problem is I have tried everything and still nothing helped!
>
> I'll give a brief explanation of what is happening:
>
> I've installed Matlab, and I've worked with it for a while, and had no problems. A few days ago I've installed NetBeans and Java development Kit and since then I receive this runtime error. I uninstalled Netbeans, I've re-installed Matlab, I've done all the suggestions in others forums but I still receive this error.
>
> I have no idea what to do more, can anybody help me??? Anyone with some bright idea?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I encountered a problem with VC++ runtime redistributable just yesterday when trying to install Windows SDK. The solution was to go to the Control Panel's Add/Remove programs, and to uninstall any existing installation of this program (there are multiple different versions, and they compete with each other) before installing the SDK.

I would try the same in your case: uninstall Matlab, then manually unistall any existing version of the VC++ runtime redistributable, and only then reinstall Matlab. Hopefully you won't find out that this made some other program fail on your computer, but if so you can simply reinstall that other program again.

HTH. Yes, it sucks...

Yair Altman
http://UndocumentedMatlab.com