Topic: I Bet $25 to your $1 (PayPal) That You Can’t P
rove Naive Set Theory Inconsistent

Replies: 20   Last Post: Mar 19, 2013 1:32 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: I Bet $25 to your $1 (PayPal) That You Can’t P

On Mar 15, 11:58 am, Charlie-Boo <shymath...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

> I just gave you?
> 6. Did you read the FOM discussion of some of the results I mention
> here?
> 7. What do you think of someone who would make disparaging remarks
> about something they knew nothing about - and
>
> C-B
>
>  > Mentioning some VAGUE REFERENCE about MODUS PONENS used in REAL
> FORMAL
>  > SYSTEMS by just making jokes is NOT substitution for CBL
>  > functionality.
>
> Did you read the list of theorems?
>
>  > Hand waving away every argument for 3 weeks is NOT justification of
>  > any assertion you've made here - NOTHING you've said has been
> backed
>  > up COLLOQUIALLY yet alone FORMALLY.
>
> Then why did the authors have to change it after I pointed out the
> flaw?
>

> > **********
>
> > Though not complete in any sense, this is the
>
>  > SMALLEST FORMAL SYSTEM possible - 12 lines of PROLOG.
>
> How do you know that is the smallest possible?
>
> I can tell you plenty of smaller ones.
>

> > tru(t).
> > not(f).
> > and(X,Y)            :- tru(X),tru(Y).
> > and(X,not(Y))       :- tru(X),not(Y).
> > and(not(X),Y)       :- not(X),tru(Y).
> > and(not(X),not(Y))  :- not(X),not(Y).
> > even(0).
> > not(and( even(X) , not(even(s(s(X)))) )).
> > e(A, evens) :- tru(even(A)).
> > tru(even(X)) :- even(X).
> > tru(e(A,S)) :- e(A,S).
> > tru(R) :- not(and(L,not(R))) , tru(L).
> > **************************

> > by using a small subset of boolean input predicates (and, not)
>
> > You can enter this command into any PROLOG software
>
> > ?-  tru(  e(   s(s(s(s(0)))) ,  evens )).
>
> > YES
>
> > [4 e EVENS]  is a Theorem.
>
> > ***************************
>
> > NOBODY in ANY maths department, newsgroup, book publishing house,
> > expert software design house, university faculty lounge, high school
> > maths class, fruit shop, hen house, dog house or Zuhair's scribble pad
> > is going to follow one single deduction in CBL, yet alone accept it as
> > a FORMAL PROOF.

> How could you conceivably know that?
>

> > LHS -> RHS
>
> > Try THAT 1st before you attach your initials to the word LOGIC.
>
> Wow.
>
> I just proved a bunch of purported proofs wrong and the authors either
> changed it and proposed another answer or had no answer, and you
> didn't.
>
> "R(r) is not defined so it isn't a concept."
>
> "R(r) is not defined so you can't say (all x) R(x) . . . "
>
> "Frege said concepts must be total functions."
>
> People are quoting known proofs and I am finding flaws such as these,
> which they tacitly admit (by rewriting the failed proof or having no
> answer).
>
> If I saw anyone do that, I know well that's damn good.  And when I did
> it, Martin Davis approved and defended it.

Charlie you know what an INCONSISTENT SYSTEM IS?

YOU!

I'm not joking, somewhere along the line you got your wires crossed
and every sentence you output you think is PROVABLY TRUE but at the
heart of all your reasoning somewhere there is a CBL theorem F and a
CBL theorem ~F that are both true in your fantasy logical world.

This is causing EX-CONTRADICTION-SEQUITUR-QUODLIBET

inside your mind... you are BLOWING SMOKE!

CBL is not anything usable because CBL is just YOUR BRAIN!

Everyone says CHARLIE BOO IS WRONG in every single reply to you, but
you read every reply as everyone saying you are right, please do go
on!

There is so much nonsense in your head, but you have no clue what the
basic meanings of formula, string, true, false, proof, deduction,
imply, theory, theorem actually mean!

Yet alone language, parse, formal, consistent, meta-mathematics, set
theory, axiom, function, predicate...

You are using the street talk slang of clearly defined mathematical
terms in a vain effort to twist them around and disprove what everyone
else is saying.

G/L with CBL, but while it is only YOU making deductions via the rules
of CBL it is not a usable framework for anyone else, it merely assists
you in saying "I PROVED IT IN CBL SO NA".

HINT: Get a spreadsheet to go from 1 CBL statement to another!

Herc
--
www.BLoCKPROLOG.com

Date Subject Author
3/13/13
Read Re: I Bet $25 to your $1 (PayPal) That You Can’t P
rove Naive Set Theory Inconsistent
Graham Cooper
3/13/13
Read Re: I Bet $25 to your $1 (PayPal) That You Can’t P
rove Naive Set Theory Inconsistent
Graham Cooper
3/14/13
Read Re: I Bet $25 to your $1 (PayPal) That You Can’t P
rove Naive Set Theory Inconsistent
Charlie-Boo
3/14/13
[...]
3/15/13
Read Re: I Bet $25 to your $1 (PayPal) That You Can’t P
rove Naive Set Theory Inconsistent
Charlie-Boo
3/19/13