Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<2d6fce68-b735-4baf-8f75-d909189e0599@h9g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 15 Mrz., 13:56, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Correct. But I have not claimed that there are particular lines.
> >
> > Then it is a mistake to call particular line necessary
> > e.g. to say "There is a necessary line".-

> I don't say that there is a necessary line. It is necessary, that
> there remains a line or two. In detail:
>
> In potential infinity it is necessary that at least one line has to
> remain undeleted in order to contain all natural numbers that are in
> the list.

In potential infinity, there is always a last line, therefore a maximal,
last natural having no successor.

Which makes its last member a very unnatural natural.

> In actual infinity it is necessary that at least two lines have to
> remain undeleted in order to contain all natural numbers of |N.

It is naturally necessary that there be more than one line and also that
for each line there must also be a subsequent line, to get all naturals
of |N.

> No special line is necessary. But we know that two or more lines can
> never do a better job than one. So whatever lines may remain, the
> assertion is falsified.

But any set of infinitely many lines do a better job than any finite
set of lines, since for any finite set of lines there is a successor
line longer than any of them.

> I have explained this in WMytheology § 224.

And explained it wrongly, as usual.

WM has frequently claimed that a mapping from the set of all infinite
binary sequences to the set of paths of a CIBT is a linear mapping.
In order to show that such a mapping is a linear mapping, WM must first
show that the set of all binary sequences is a vector space and that the
set of paths of a CIBT is also a vector space, which he has not done and
apparently cannot do, and then show that his mapping satisfies the
linearity requirement that
f(ax + by) = af(x) + bf(y),
where a and b are arbitrary members of a field of scalars and x and y
are f(x) and f(y) are vectors in suitable linear spaces.

By the way, WM, what are a, b, ax, by and ax+by when x and y are binary
sequences?

If a = 1/3 and x is binary sequence, what is ax ?
and if f(x) is a path in a CIBT, what is af(x)?

Until these and a few other issues are settled, WM will still have
failed to justify his claim of a LINEAR mapping from the set (but not
yet proved to be vector space) of binary sequences to the set (but not
yet proved to be vector space) of paths ln a CIBT.

Just another of WM's many wild claims of what goes on in his WMytheology
that he cannot back up.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13