Topic: NyaN fractions and partitioning of Naturals into other NyaN bases
then ternary.

Replies: 13   Last Post: Mar 16, 2013 5:36 AM

fom

Re: NyaN fractions and partitioning of Naturals into other NyaN bases
then ternary.

On 3/16/2013 12:31 AM, Virgil wrote:
> In article <0M6dnUGx2aXpndnMnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> fom <fomJUNK@nyms.net> wrote:

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_trigonometry
>>>

>> What is the linear measure of the locus comprising "one turn"?
>>
>> What fraction of "one turn" is a semicircle?
>>
>> What is the length of the chord associated with a semicircle?
>>
>> As for fractions, what was the earliest estimate for pi?
>>
>> (hint: pi=3)
>>
>> As for fractions, what numerical base did those early
>> mathematical pioneers use for counting?
>>
>> (hint: 60)
>>
>> So, who is to blame for the stupid mathematics (pi=/=3)
>> that the stupid mathematicians keep pushing on practical
>> people?
>>
>> (I don't know. But legend has it that the Pythagoreans
>> threw him over the side of a boat at sea.)

> I thought that fatal dunking was for showing the irrationality of the
> square root of 2.

That is how the legend goes. But I had simply been
thinking how incommensurable is incommensurable.
He is attributed with the first.