Topic: Just another exposition of MK.
Replies: 10   Last Post: Mar 17, 2013 1:50 PM

fom

Re: Just another exposition of MK.

On 3/17/2013 6:04 AM, Zuhair wrote:
> On Mar 17, 9:30 am, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:

>>> Another reformulation along the same lines is:
>>
>>> Define: Set(X) iff {X,..} exists.
>>
>>> Extensionality: X C Y & Y C X -> X=Y
>>> Class comprehension: {x|Set(x) phi} exists.
>>> Pairing: X C {a,b} -> Set(X)
>>> Subsets: Set(X) & Y C X -> Set(Y)
>>> Size limitation: |X|<|V| -> Set(H(TC(X)))

>>> C is sublcass relation.
>>> TC(X) is the transitive closure of X.
>>> H(X) is the Class of all sets hereditarily subnumerous to X.

>>> Possibly (I'm not sure) pairing is redundant.
>>
>> How does your pairing axiom assert the
>> existence of pairs?
>>
>> Are you assuming that the monadic
>> Set() predicate is satisfied for
>> every finite and transfinite
>> enumeration?

> I don't know what enumerations has got to do with pairing here. My
> axiom is saying that any Class of two or less elements is a set, and
> that's all what we need for pairing and building relations.

Typically, the axiom of pairing asserts the
existence of pairs.

AxAyEzAw(wez <-> (x=w \/ y=w))

Since your axiom is asserting exactly what
you have characterized it as asserting, it
seems the usual existence assertion must
be arising elsewhere. Since I was uncertain
about the exact meaning of the enumeration
predicate, I thought it might have to do
with that.