The Math Forum

Topic: ZFC is inconsistent
Replies: 54   Last Post: Mar 23, 2013 9:02 PM

Virgil

Re: ZFC is inconsistent

In article
<f653d28e-4399-4a08-bded-0273190b186d@he10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 17 Mrz., 10:54, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:

> > > All points that you can define geometrically, belong to a finite
> > > collection.

> > > A unit can be defined without referring to infinity. I think it is one
> > > of the silliest arguments of matheology that infinity is required to
> > > define finity. It is simply insane.

> > No.  It is merely respectful -- something of
> > which you seem incapable.
> >

> Respect requires a respectable object.
> Insanities do not deserve respect.
> There were too many who respected Nero, Napoleon, Hitler or Stalin and
> those who stimulated others to do so.

There is also at least one too many who respect WM, namely WM.

WM has frequently claimed that HIS mapping from the set of all infinite
binary sequences to the set of paths of a CIBT is a linear mapping.

In order to show that such a mapping is a linear mapping, WM would first
have to show that the set of all binary sequences is a linear space
(which he has not done and apparently cannot do) and that the set of
paths of a CIBT is also a vector space (which he also has not done and
apparently cannot do) and then show that his mapping, say f, satisfies
the linearity requirement that f(ax + by) = af(x) + bf(y),
where a and b are arbitrary members of the field of scalars and x and y
and f(x) and f(y) are arbitrary members of suitable linear spaces.

While this is possible, and fairly trivial for a competent mathematician
to do, WM has not yet been able to do it.

But frequently claims already to have done it.
--

Date Subject Author
3/13/13
Read ZFC is inconsistent