Topic: hello
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 17, 2013 11:24 PM

Steven Lord

Re: hello

<denygeorgy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> now , in english. Does anybody know why everytime when i declare a
> symbolic variable in the script, it apears that i have an error: undefined
> function or method"sym" for input arguments of type "char"...I don't
> understand what's wrong. it's a homework and the teacher told us to study
> in advance

Check the output of the VER function to see if it lists Symbolic Math
Toolbox. If it does not, you will not be able to use the SYM function from
that toolbox. You would need to install it (possibly adding it to your
license) before you could define symbolic objects with SYM.

Steve Lord